Saturday, October 13, 2007

First "Fall Like" Day

Well, the hot humid days of summer may finally be slowly departing...my fingers are crossed. This past August and even September have been so incredibly humid. Some days I have had to remind myself why I live in the South. I mean, this heat can really get to you, especially after having a long summer and on top of that, originally being a transplant from the North. Well, finally it seems that Autumn is on it's way. It's all coming back to me now...I love the Carolina's!

Today was particularly special, filled with lots of tradition. The entire Saturday revolved around food, outdoor markets, antiques, pumpkins, long car ride adventures, trains, Autumn breezes, and more food. Here are some pictures of our day...

Here is Jono watching the train go by in Summerville. He loves trains and every time we visit this special little town we always seem to "catch" the train. I love how he becomes a child again, filled with excitement and fascination...at least for a moment anyway...

Jono watching the train go by...

I think I may have found my favorite antique shop...."Marigolds" ...of course!
Look at all the vintage tablecloths...<3
Not only is Teal one of my favorite colors...it's a new favorite shop! I couldn't believe all the "vintage inspired" fashion in this place...so awesome!!!
As always, we found our perfect pumpkins at Fox Market!


The perfect day was ended with our favorite Italian restaurant..Penachio's.
Cheers to the new season and many enjoyments to come this Autumn!


6 comments:

Bonghi Vestiti said...

What fun! Your Saturday was better than mine...hubby and I had to go Jeep shopping...ouch and yuck all at the same time! haha...but the day was perfect in the fact we actually spent some time together even if it was doing one of my least favorite things ;) (but I might get a new Jeep out of the deal so all is not lost...hehe)

Unknown said...

Aw, you guys look like you had so much fun! And those shops look FABULOUS!! I am itching to go shopping!

Enjoy the first days of fall! It is such a beautiful season!

Sweet Peas said...

Hey there :-) looks like you had a fun day!

It looks like Etsy does the poster sketch challenges rather frequently. I have missed two since I did the boys or girls ages 8-11 one. An admin posts the challenge under the Ideas section of Etsy's forum.

Love & Squalor Designs said...

Looks like you had a great autumn weekend. It's still 90 in Austin, but I am hoping for a pumpkin patch trip next weekend.

Kim said...

What a great weekend. Congrats on your 100th Etsy sale!

Taylor said...

He's got it right! Drinking Yuengling!